The Accident Investigation and Reporting course examines workplace incidents and how to investigate such incidents. This course introduces you to investigation concepts, what causes incidents, and what factors contribute to them. Students learn effective techniques for gathering evidence and dealing with workers involved in what is a traumatic situation. Being able to outline the investigation process you will be prepared to collect and analyze data, write reports, and conduct incident reviews.
- Summarize the basic concepts of accidents, incidents, and investigations
- Categorize types of incidents, their causes, and key facts about them
- Identify contributing factors to incidents
- Describe how to prepare for an investigation
- Explain the investigation process
- Discuss the process of writing the incident report and following up
Requirements: PC is Recommended for better user experience. Mac is also supported. Browser Edge is not fully supported.
Textbook: Occupational Health and Safety; Theory, Strategy and Industry Practice Author - Dianne E.G. Dyck Publisher - Lexis Nexis, 2015 ISBN - 978-0-433-47896-6
(You will use this book for all of the courses)