UNBC's Occupational Health & Safety Online Certificate for Practitioners teaches the knowledge, tools, and procedures you will need to build your OH&S professional career. Developed and taught by experienced instructors, this online certificate helps you establish fundamental skills to become an OH&S professional, enabling you to work in various industries.
Why Choose the Occupational Health & Safety Online Certificate?
- Self-paced Curriculum: A self-paced curriculum means you determine the pace and duration it takes to complete your certificate.
- Easy-to-use Format: Video-based courses supported by easily navigated learning tools for quick and easy material review.
- Industry-focused qualifications: The OH&S Online Certificate currently fulfills the academic requirements for certification by the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP). (Requirements are subject to change).
- Instant Course Access: Immediate course access the moment you are registered for the certificate.
- Responsive Program Support: From start to finish, our support staff are available to help with registration, coursework advisement, scheduling, technical support, and more.
Important Information for Students Seeking their BCRSP Certification
Presently, this certificate fulfills the academic requirements for certification by the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP). However, as of July 1, 2018, a certificate will fulfill the academic requirements for the Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST) Certification, whereas a Diploma will now be the minimum academic requirements for certification by the BCRSP. For details about changes to BCRSP requirements, go to BCRSP.ca.
Choose this payment option and save more than $3000 in course costs.
In order to get the Occupational Health & Safety Practitioner Certificate you must complete all 10 of the courses listed below.
- Occupational Health & Safety Fundamentals
- Legislation - Acts and Regulations
- Hazard Analysis, Risk Assessment & Control
- Ergonomics for Injury Prevention and Accommodation
- Health Hazards and Industrial Hygiene
- Fire Safety Planning and Systems
- Safety Inspections
- Accident Investigations and Reporting
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Safety Program Design and Analysis
Requirements: PC is Recommended for better user experience. Mac is also supported. Browser Edge is not fully supported.
Textbook: Occupational Health and Safety; Theory, Strategy and Industry Practice Author - Dianne E.G. Dyck Publisher - Lexis Nexis, 2015 ISBN - 978-0-433-47896-6
(You will use this book for all of the courses)
This book will be mailed to learners who purchase the entire certificate at no cost. Additional copies can be purchased via UNBC Bookstore.